Friday, January 12, 2007

Slacker Slacker!!!

Yikes! It's been a long time since i've posted anything. The holidays are over and I'm relieved. we're still trying to piece back together normal life, eating, finances, and routine.

I have left the mortgage industry indefinately, and i am relieved. it became increasingly difficult working with the Crazy Asian, and she was becoming increasingly un-reliable. so now, i am working with a professional organizer twice a week, and cleaning houses the other days.

But today i have nothing scheduled and i am getting a massage. after the massage, i am sure i will straighten up the house. Which used to be my joy, and now because i have been working so many hours, has become as much work as it is for the busy families i clean for. it's ironic. i've heard many times that the fix-it man has the house in the most disrepair, and i can tell you it must be true. :)

I have started knitting though (see Laura's blog to the right). I found that when i get home from a job, i am so wound up and have so much to do at home that i don't sit down, EVER. so after Boyfriend nagging me to sit and watch a movie with him, i finally decided i need a project which will keep my hands busy, but alow me to just sit. knitting it is.

it really was only a matter of time. Laura has been knitting for probably 6 years now, and i have patiently looked at yarn with her, studdied her projects, and of course been the recipient of many beautiful gifts. now it's my turn to make things. i completed my first project, a scarf for black bastard. i made it with cotton yarn, on size 7 needles. we put the scarf on him at least once a day, and he actually wears it. it tickles me pink when i see him tooling around the house in his scarf. here is a picture:

1 comment:

Laura said...

Goodness! I need to check your blog more often! I am a slacker slacker!