Thursday, January 10, 2008

Broccoli Cheese Bake



Here is one of my latest lo-carb creations.
I've lost 12lbs and still going strong.

Boyfriend loves chicken spaghetti. Now that I am back on south beach, I am choosing to not eat noodles. I prepared Boyfriend his regular chicken spaghetti and reserved some of the sauce for me. The following recipe was prepared as an individual meal, but the sauce recipe probably serves 3-4. Don't ask me why I didn't take a picture of this......

Broccoli Cheese Bake

For the Sauce:
1 Tbs Olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 onion
Salt & pepper
Oregano
Your favorite brand of spaghetti sauce
1 chicken breast

For the Bake:
1 cup broccoli
1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Sauce: Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan, on medium heat. Mince garlic and onion. Sauté in oil until onions are near translucence. Cut chicken into cubes, add to onions and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and oregano to taste. When chicken is cooked through, add spaghetti sauce. Simmer to desired heat.

Bake: Put Broccoli in an oven safe bowl. Steam in microwave using saran wrap for 3-4 minutes. Drain water. Smooth ricotta over broccoli. Lightly sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan on ricotta. Bake at 325 until cheese melts and slightly browns. Top with chicken spaghetti sauce.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I freakin love carbs but this still sounds good.